C3.ai: Trough Quarter
Update - Apr. 4, 2023
The short attack is here with Kerrisdale Capital attacking the accounting of C3.ai right after the stock soars into the quarter end. The stock already wasn't as appealing back above $30. The accounting questions appear a stretch, but the company has regularly replaced the CFO in the last 4 years.
Update - Apr. 2, 2023
C3.ai had a huge rally to end March likely due to fund managers piling into the stock to report a position at quarter end. The move appears silly but the stock is officially in breakout mode above $30 here. Even SoundHound Ai (SOUN) rallied 40% on Friday.
- C3.ai ( ) shares surged by more than 21% Friday as investors poured into the artificial intelligence stock on the last day of the first quarter of the year.
- More than 61M shares of C3.ai (AI
Original article posted on March 3.
- C3.ai, Inc. reported a solid earnings beat, though revenues dipped 5% from last year.
- The enterprise AI software company made great progress in shifting to the consumption-based pricing model, with strong growth in customers and pilot programs.
- The stock is still relatively cheap at a forward EV/S multiple below 6x, but investors shouldn't chase C3.ai higher on hype.