SoFi's SoftBank Gift
- SoftBank has started selling sizable amounts of SoFi to raise funds.
- The investment fund still owns 83 million shares or 9% of the outstanding shares of SoFi.
- The stock has a gap down to $6.63, providing the ideal point to purchase SoFi.
- The business continues to improve with a shift away from lending products, while digital bank deposits provide the funding source unavailable at the likes of Upstart.
- This idea was discussed in more depth with members of my private investing community, Out Fox The Street. Learn More »
When a great company is sold for a reason outside of the performance of the valuation of the stock, an investor is provided a gift. The market finds SoFi Technologies () in this exact situation with SoftBank GroupOTCPK:SFTBYOTCPK:SFTBFinvestment thesis